Christmas Moss Plant
Christmas moss (Xmas moss) is a classic and staple in the planted aquarium hobby! Characterized by its bold green hue, it is a commonly used moss in many famous aquascapes. Aquarium moss, in general, has many different uses and can be utilized to recreate a variety of styles and can be used for multiple purposes in a planted tank.
Most commonly, Christmas Moss is typically used to wrap aquascaping rocks or aquarium driftwood. The addition of moss to the hardscape adds an aged look that is enjoyed by enthusiasts of all skill levels. Moss is also commonly used in breeding projects and can provide valuable coverage for fry. There are many types of aquarium moss and each species will vary in growth patterns with slightly varying fronds! One of the most loved attributes of aquarium moss is its hardiness. Aquarium moss makes a wonderful beginner plant and is an easy introduction to keeping live aquatic plants.
You will receive one golfball size of Christmas Moss. This plant provides excellent shade and coverage for shrimp and fish. Moss is very versatile and can be attached to a hardscape or left free-floating. It can be grown under a wide range of aquarium conditions and is recommended for breeders, beginners, and all.
- Aquarium moss is extremely hardy and will survive in a wide range of aquarium parameters.
- Please note, that most moss species can contain brown bits and while suitable for low-tech tanks, CO2 injection will yield better growth and coloration.
- Do not make drastic changes to the planted aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in the melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Light: Low to Medium