Medaka fish also commonly known as Japanese Rice Fish or Japanese Killifish, is an extraordinarily adaptable fish species typically occupying the middle and top level of the water column.
This tank-raised fish is very hardy and adaptable but it requires clean water to thrive.
An order of eggs comes with a small teaspoon of eggs that you can incubate and grow yourself. The eggs are resistant and we guarantee a healthy arrival.
Details: Medaka Eggs
- Medaka fish can tolerate an extremely wide temperature range of 44° - 104° F (6.7° - 40° C). If you can control temperatures we would recommend optimal tank temperatures of 64° - 75° F (18° - 24° C).
- KH: 9 - 19 dGH
- Diet: Will easily accept high quality dry and frozen foods of appropriate size.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to Japan, China, Taiwan, Korea, and Vietnam
- Average Adult Size: 1.6 inches (4 cm)
- Average Purchase Size: 0.5 – 1 inch (1.3 – 2.5 cm)