Medaka 'Aka Tora' (Red Tiger)
Medaka fish also commonly known as Japanese Rice Fish or Japanese Killifish, is an extraordinarily adaptable fish species typically occupying the middle and top level of the water column.
This tank-raised fish is very hardy and adaptable but it requires clean water to thrive.
Each order comes with 5 Medaka Fish.
Details: Medaka Gold2021 (F1)
Type: 2021 F1 (1st Generation)
- Medaka fish can tolerate an extremely wide temperature range of 44° - 104° F (6.7° - 40° C). If you can control temperatures we would recommend optimal tank temperatures of 64° - 75° F (18° - 24° C).
- KH: 9 - 19 dGH
- Diet: Will easily accept high quality dry and frozen foods of appropriate size.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to Japan, China, Taiwan, Korea, and Vietnam
- Average Adult Size: 1.6 inches (4 cm)
- Average Purchase Size: 0.5 – 1 inch (1.3 – 2.5 cm)